The days are getting longer which gives me more time to retreat from the sun (I am a salamander), hide away in my bunker, and get to work. Right now, I am all about industriousness and full on output...with some quality control of course. I don't know, maybe I am falling victim to the latest rash of Home Depot commercials - turning up my "doing dial" - or something like that. But really, this is also about staying busy and staying positive in a down economy. It is no secret that gigs have been tough this year, all things are slow, so, I am working on controlling what I can while I can.
My wife often asks me what I do during the day when I am home working. In a nuttshell, in no particular order, and with variable attention and priority, here is what I am working on. ALL of which will be completed by year's end. Here it is in writing. It shall be done. If I could sign this blog, I would use twenty pens to do so.
My current work flow and projects in process:
- Spinning some solid ideas for new solo compositions.
- Completing work (at least back in the groove) on the next New Roots Duo CD. The tunes are getting close and recording should begin this Summer.
- I have outlined and have begun arranging the Christmas CD. Yep, I am going to do it.
- Getting closer to starting my etude project/teaching method.
- Finally transcribing my pieces and will have them available for sale on my site as I get them done.
- Setting up shows/gigs.
- Playing shows/gigs.
- Scheduling and keeping up with various rehearsals.
- Practicing, practicing, and practicing again.
- Always listening. Always.
- Researching new pieces and ideas for instruction.
- Keeping up with business junk and general promotion.
Happy Spring Everyone!