Friday, March 26, 2010

Spring Cleaning

This week I offer a short and sweet post as I am on my way out the door for some Spring skiing/snowboarding. Yep, Spring is upon us and I am feeling reborn. The malaise that typically coincides with the completion of a relatively major project is gone, and now, I am ready to subject myself to much more; projects and malaise. Portrait of a tortured artist? Or an artist that loves torture? I hope I am not THAT cliche ridden.

The days are getting longer which gives me more time to retreat from the sun (I am a salamander), hide away in my bunker, and get to work. Right now, I am all about industriousness and full on output...with some quality control of course. I don't know, maybe I am falling victim to the latest rash of Home Depot commercials - turning up my "doing dial" - or something like that. But really, this is also about staying busy and staying positive in a down economy. It is no secret that gigs have been tough this year, all things are slow, so, I am working on controlling what I can while I can.

My wife often asks me what I do during the day when I am home working. In a nuttshell, in no particular order, and with variable attention and priority, here is what I am working on. ALL of which will be completed by year's end. Here it is in writing. It shall be done. If I could sign this blog, I would use twenty pens to do so.

My current work flow and projects in process:
  • Spinning some solid ideas for new solo compositions.
  • Completing work (at least back in the groove) on the next New Roots Duo CD. The tunes are getting close and recording should begin this Summer.
  • I have outlined and have begun arranging the Christmas CD. Yep, I am going to do it.
  • Getting closer to starting my etude project/teaching method.
  • Finally transcribing my pieces and will have them available for sale on my site as I get them done.
  • Setting up shows/gigs.
  • Playing shows/gigs.
  • Scheduling and keeping up with various rehearsals.
  • Practicing, practicing, and practicing again.
  • Always listening. Always.
  • Researching new pieces and ideas for instruction.
  • Teaching.
  • Keeping up with business junk and general promotion.
  • Blog.
Of course, all of these options could be sent back to committee for review. I also reserve the right to repeal any and all subjects based on feasibility. Geez, I don't want to bankrupt my soul.

Happy Spring Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment